Register Online Now!
Liberating Structures are a collection of powerful facilitation strategies that can be used in our classrooms, everyday meetings, strategic planning sessions, workshops, presentations, etc. They are seriously fun methods to engage and work together.
Liberating Structures are small design shifts that move us gently away from more constraining “conventional structures” (e.g., lectures, open discussions, round robin updates, brainstorms) and toward sessions that quickly foster lively participation in groups of any size, making it possible to unleash and include everyone.
In the workshop, you will learn how to choose, facilitate, and sequence Liberating Structures for your individual facilitation challenges and contexts.
Who should attend?
Faculty, Instructors, Teachers, Learning Designers, Leaders – all who are called to facilitate learning, meetings, sessions, groups, presentations, workshops, processes, communication and change.
We will focus on post-secondary education contexts, but colleagues from other sectors (e.g., government, health care, private) are welcome!
Here are some examples of applying liberating structures:
- Designing engaging meetings and classes – online and face-to-face – with productive endpoints in mind (Min Specs, Design Storyboard, Purpose To Practice)
- Amplifying both love of learning and practical skill development (Wicked Questions, 25/10 Crowdsourcing)
- Working productively with difference, not sweeping it under the rug (Conversation Cafe, 15% Solutions, What/So What/Now What?)
- Creating an inclusive culture within a very diverse campus (TRIZ, Discovery and Action Dialogue, Appreciative Interview, Ecocycle)
- Shaping next steps together with faculty, staff, student, administration fully engaged (Discovery and Action Dialogue, Ecocycle, P2P)
- Preparing for operating in a future in which public funding is decreasing and serious competition is increasing (Critical Uncertainties)
Nancy White will lead the facilitation of this two-day workshop.
Nancy is an internationally recognized facilitator, online interaction designer, facilitator, blogger, learner, teacher, presenter, tinkerer and writer on online facilitation and interaction, social architecture and social media. She founded Full Circle Associates to help organizations connect through online and offline strategies. She is co-author with Etienne Wenger and John Smith of Digital Habitats: stewarding technology for communities. She’s also a learner, mom, gramma, and chocoholic.
Registration – Register Online
Feb. 22-23, 2017 (2 days – Wed & Thu) – 8:30 – 4:00
Location: SFU Harbour Centre, Vancouver, B.C. (map)
- Early Bird: $525 CAD + GST per person (until Nov. 15)
- Regular Rate: $600 + GST (after Nov. 15)
- Group: Save $25 p.p. when 4 + from the same institution register – contact email@example.com for your group code
- Includes 2 days of active learning, meals, refreshments, Liberating Structures design cards
- Hotel: We have a block booking at The Metropolitan Hotel for $149 per night. Please quote “Liberating Structures”.
- Call 604-687-1122 or Toll Free 1-800-667-2300 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org