A curated list of resources to support educators interested in doing (or starting!) scholarly teaching and learning work.
- Chick, N. (2015). SoTL Guide: a two-part SoTL tutorial (I: Understanding SoTL, II: Doing SoTL) from the Taylor Institute. Retrieved from: http://sotl.ucalgaryblogs.ca/understanding-sotl/
- Chick, N. (2016). A SoTL Primer. Retrieved from: https://nancychick.wordpress.com/2016/09/21/a-sotl-primer/
- Center for Engaged Learning. (2013, August 16). Scholarship of teaching and learning vs. scholarly teaching. Retrieved from https://youtu.be/eedxoj1CPnk.
- Center for Engaged Learning. (2013, September 9). Key characteristics of the scholarship of teaching and learning. Retrieved from https://youtu.be/yvDKHHyx7YY.
- Center for Engaged Learning. (2015, January 12). Arts & humanities methodologies for SoTL. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gXll…
- Center for Engaged Learning. (2013, September 12). Examples of SoTL projects. Retrived from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Logmk…
- Martin, L (2007). Defining the Scholarship of Teaching versus Scholarly Teaching. Teaching & Learning in Higher Education (46), Spring 2007. Pages 1 & 3. Retrieved from: https://www.stlhe.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/STLHE-Newsletter-46-2007-Summer.pdf
Workshop Handouts & Materials from BCcampus’ 2015 Intensive on Developing Scholarly Projects, facilitated by Doug Hamilton, Peter Arthur and Gary Hunt (shared with permission).
- Reflection Tree (Doug Hamilton) – PDF
- Reflection Tree Instructions (Doug Hamilton) – PDF
- Reflection Tree Response Sheet (Doug Hamilton) – PDF
- Developing Significant Questions (Gary Hunt) – PDF
- Project Planning Worksheet (Doug Hamilton) – PDF
- Refining Your Question Worksheet (Doug Hamilton) – PDF
- A Compendium of Data Sources for Use in SoTL (Doug Hamilton) – PDF
- Pathways for Engaging in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning: Getting Started with your Inquiry – Package (Doug Hamilton) – PDF
- Data Sources for Scholarly Inquiry Project (Group Brainstorm led by Peter Arthur) – PDF
- Ethical Requirements in Human Research (Gary Hunt) – PDF