- Length: 2 weeks
- Mode: online – asynchronous, with weekly synchronous (live, online) sessions
- Recommended Pre-requisite: Facilitating Learning Online (FLO)
- Time commitment: participants should expect to spend a minimum of 8 hours online each week
Course Description & Learning Goals:
This course is about learning how to (co)facilitate the FLO (Facilitating Learning Online) workshops, which are workshops about learning how to facilitate online learning more effectively. The main focus will be on facilitating FLO – Fundamentals, but we will also explore two other FLO workshops: FLO – Design and FLO – Synchronous.
We will spend 2 weeks in a community of supportive peers, reviewing and planning for our first FLO facilitation experience.
In this course, you will:
- explore the architecture of the FLO from a facilitator’s perspective
- learn about the “behind the scenes” work and preparation required to facilitate the FLO
- participate in a variety of activities designed to get you thinking and preparing for teaching the FLO
- have an opportunity to actually do some of your own FLO facilitator preparation
- Check the BCcampus Calendar for upcoming FDO offerings.
- Complete the registration form for the FDO that fits your schedule.
- You will receive an enrolment offer by email if you are one of the first 15 registrants currently employed at a public British Columbia post-secondary institution.
- You must accept or decline that offer.
- You will be given access to the course prior on the start date.